2011年5月30日 星期一

Alfredo Jaar


There is an artwork from Alfredo Jaar, I found out this is quite interesting.
Besides its meaning, the relationship between space and human, the atmosphere of the building and wall, which is really inspired me about this wallpaper project.

from Art monthly, there is an interview about Alfredo Jaar.

'I consider myself an architect making art and most of my practice is site-specific. In the past 30 years I have divided my work into three distinct areas and only one-third of my practice takes place in what we call the art world. But because of its extraordinary insularity – it is a small world in which we mostly talk to each other – I decided to get out.'


About this work, I also take have some quote from Art monthly.

" After 60 seconeds of darkness, the lights come on and gradually intensity. When you get used to the blinding light you realise that both side walls are mirrored, which creates an infinite wall on both sides. You are illuminated historically, conceptually, physically and emotionally by the faces of living and the dead."


dec-jan 10-11
---------------------------------------------------------------------------


silhouette
  • noun
    • the dark outline or shape of a person or an object that you see against a light background (淺色背 景襯托出的)暗色輪廓 countable uncountable
    • the shape of a person's body or of an object (人的)體形;(事物的)形狀 countable
    • a picture that shows somebody/something as a black shape against a light background, especially one that shows the side view of a person's face 剪影;(尤指人臉的)側影 countable
  • verb
    • to make something appear as a silhouette 使呈現暗色輪廓 VN usually passive

沒有留言:

張貼留言